EMC CALL FOR PAPERS
CALL FOR PAPERS IS NOW CLOSED
Join your colleagues in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA, where you can share your insight, ask questions, learn from the experts and innovators and see new products at the 2019 IEEE International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Signal & Power Integrity.
INFORMATION for Authors
The IEEE EMC Society is seeking original, unpublished papers covering all aspects of electromagnetic compatibility, signal integrity and power integrity including design, modeling, measurements, management and education.
Conference proceedings will be submitted for posting to IEEE Xplore. In addition, authors of accepted papers will be invited to submit an extended version of their symposium paper for possible publication in a special issue of the IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility.
PAPER TOPICS OF INTEREST
Topics include and are not limited to the following technical areas (sample topics shown).
TC-1 EMC Management
• Personnel & Laboratory Accreditation
• EMC Education
• Legal Issues
TC-2 EMC Measurements
• Test Instrumentation & Facilities
• Measurement Techniques
• Standards and Regulations
TC-3 EM Environment
• EM Signal Environment
• Atmospheric & Man-Made Noise
TC-4 EM Interference Control
• Shielding, Gasketing & Filtering
• Cables and Connectors
• Circuit & System EMC Analysis
TC-5 High Power Electromagnetics
• ESD & Transients
• EMP, IEMI & Lightning
• Information Leakage
• Electric Power EMC
TC-6 Spectrum Engineering
• Spectrum characterization and modeling
• Design for spectrally efficient systems
• Adaptive interference mitigation
TC-7 Low Frequency EMC
• Power Quality and Conducted EMC
• Power Electronics
TC-9 Computational Electromagnetics
• Computer Modeling Methods
• Tools and Techniques
• Validation Methods
• Statistical Analysis
TC-10 Signal and Power Integrity (embedded 2019 IEEE International Conference on Signal and Power Integrity - SIPI 2019)
• High-Speed link/bus design
• Power integrity analysis and design
• Passive component modeling and measurement techniques
• Jitter/Noise modeling and analysis
• SI/PI/EMC co-simulation and co-design
• Numerical modeling and simulation techniques
• 2.5D/3D/Exotic ICs and emerging technologies
TC-11 Nanotechnology & Advanced Materials
• Nanomaterials & Nanostructures
• Smart Materials
TC-12: EMC for Emerging Wireless Technologies
• EMC Planning/Testing/Specifications
• Wireless Coexistence
• Intra-System Interference
SC1 Smart Grid EMC
• RF Environment
• Performance Degradation
SC5 Power Electronics EMC
• Power Electronics Converters EMI/EMC Issues
• Switching Frequency Schemes
•Grid-onnected PV systems, Wind Farms, Automotive, Aerospace, and Communication Systems.
SC6 Unmanned Aircraft Systems EMC
• Spectrum Management on Intra and Inter-System Interactions
• Design, Testing, Modeling/Simulation Required for System Level EMC for Unmanned Aircraft Systems
• Robust Performance in the Presence of High Intensity Radiated Fields (HIRF)
SC7 Aeronautics and Space EMC
• EMI/EMC issues in Aircraft, Spacecraft & Space Launch Vehicles, Robotic and Crewed
• EMC Analysis, Design, Test and Performance of Space Systems
• Part, Board, Box, System, Multi-system, Planetary and Interplanetary Levels
• Launch and Space Snvironments
• SDECom Standards Development and Education Committee
• Standards in Development
• Critical Updates for Published Standards
• Topics for Future Standardization
AUTHOR SUBMISSION SCHEDULE FOR PAPERS
• Preliminary Full Paper Manuscript: October 1, 2018 - January 6, 2019 - Deadline Extended to January 14, 2019.
(late papers will not be accepted)
• Acceptance Notification: February 16, 2019
• Final Paper Due: April 19, 2019
Traditional Oral Presentation: Presentation for those interested in presenting to large groups with limited potential for interactions with attendees. Six-page paper maximum, 20-minute presentation with 10-minute question and answer session.
Poster Paper: Presentation for those interested in direct interaction with individuals or small groups.
STUDENT PAPER CONTEST
Graduate and undergraduate authors are eligible for the Best Student Paper contest. The student must be the primary author and should indicate that they wish to be considered for the contest when submitting the preliminary manuscript. Each student’s professor will be asked to certify that the paper is primarily the work of the student. A Student Design Contest is also being held.
SPECIAL ISSUE OF IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON EMC
Authors of accepted papers will be invited to submit an extended version of their symposium paper for possible inclusion in a special issue of the IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility featuring papers from the 2019 IEEE International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Signal Integrity and Power Integrity. These submissions will be subjected to the same rigorous review as papers submitted for publication in regular issues of the IEEE Transactions on EMC.
GUIDELINES FOR AUTHORS & SUBMITTAL PROCEDURES
Prospective authors must submit electronically**.
• A preliminary manuscript (4 – 6 pages), including all relevant results and conclusions
• Choice of presentation format (traditional oral or poster paper)
** Preliminary manuscripts and final papers are to be submitted using the link provided below. During the electronic submission process a unique author code is created for tracking purposes. Submissions are reviewed anonymously; please do not include author names or affiliations on the Preliminary Manuscript. Failure to comply with submission requirements may result in rejection.
PAPER ACCEPTANCE PROCEDURES & CRITERIA
• Importance of Topic:
Does it have direct significance to the EMC and/or SIPI community?
• Technical Sophistication and Depth:
Does it present information that is a significant contribution, advancement, application or refinement of the state of the art? Does it expose the reader to a higher knowledge level than currently available from other sources?
• Readability, Clarity and Presentation:
Is the value of the submission clearly defined? Is the material written in clear and concise English, with topics presented in an organized and logical manner?
• Novelty and Originality:
Does it propose a new and unique concept or expand on an existing premise from a unique point of view?
PAPER SUBMISSIONS INFORMATION!
The template files to be used for all paper submissions can be found here:
Please submit Manuscripts using our online submission system.
The template file for presenters can be found here. The screen size is 16:9 widescreen.